Forum v Facebook

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Forum v Facebook

Post by Alacrity »

Nope. All there as normal.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

Post by kwoffa »

Seems Strange as it is no longer in my groups ?

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

I have searched groups and cannot find it anywhere....seems odd to me that it has dissapeared...not really worried but a bit of a shame,,, if anyone can shed some light on it ?

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Well further investigations found it !!! however not on my laptop but my Wifes IPad.....the plot thickens....any ideas anyone? or have i been brutully barred ! :roll:

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

I think you'll find it is Facebook is the problem.Some of my groups seem to take holidays from time to time and reappear as and when they feel like it.But as I'm not the sharpest with computers,there isn't a propeller on it, :D and my daughter has emigrated I'm without my tech :(
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Thank you ! i can get it on my phone and ipad,just not my mac... which is strange as they are all linked..

Tarquin
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Tarquin »

A belated reply from a regular visitor to Internet Finds and an infrequent poster. :oops:

I ran a sports forum with half a million posts spanning some 14 years, but had to acknowledge, somewhat reluctantly, that Facebook was taking away readership, so had a rolling shutdown over several months.

Whilst some forum members transferred, the majority didn't, due, in my humble opinion, to the simple fact that people of a certain age and disposition don't welcome change.

However, what social media is much better at is reaching new members and with this in mind perhaps the Facebook page should be pointing people towards the forum, rather than trying to carve a niche on it's own?

I can't see any link backs? Maybe because my request to join the group wasn't actioned?