Inboard propeller

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Inboard propeller

Post by water_buoy »

Does anyone have a propeller that I could beg, borrow, or buy??

It doesn't need to be anything specific other than an inboard propeller ideally for a 1" shaft but as I haven't got the shaft yet this isn't crucial and of course typical of the sort of thing used on our type of boats and not for a tug!

It is for the boat I'm building, a 15ft gentleman's racer with a 1500 pre crossflow engine. As the propeller is a complete unknown I am just looking for anything to put on it initially so I have a bench mark to work from. I know it's going to take a bit of testing before I get the right prop so I don't really want to shell out on a new one as it's almost certainly going to be wrong.

If anyone has anything they can lend or want to sell me as a starting point it would be much appreciated and pints will be bought :drink:
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

Re: Inboard propeller

Post by Dakota »

Have a two blade race prop off an Albatross plus a 1" prop shaft if of use to you - will bring over when collecting the new toy if required ? :drink:

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

I’d be interested in the two bladder for the Albatross if you are interested in selling.
Pm me with details please.
Malcolm

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Dakota wrote:Have a two blade race prop off an Albatross plus a 1" prop shaft if of use to you - will bring over when collecting the new toy if required ? :drink:
Yeah that would be good, if I can try a selection then I will get a better idea of what will work for me...

Malcolm it is very likely that this won't be the exact prop I need so it should be available afterwards if Dakota wants to sell it?!
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

Diomedea

Post by Diomedea »

No problem