Shakespheare?

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Wikingboat
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Shakespheare?

Post by Wikingboat »

My Shake didn't have any kind of buoys. There has been buoys in the bow, but nothing left. I turned the bow polyurethan sheets (I had the surplus of frost insulation). They are front of gasoline tank in big bags. Do not use polystyrene, it slowly soak up water.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

Sanding and painting.
Attachments
External cooling water intake at the bottom of picture.
External cooling water intake at the bottom of picture.
Making Mariner faster
Making Mariner faster

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

It will come like this.
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

Looking very good.I had a senior moment,I was wondering why you were painting it grey,then I remembered it's a Mariner. :)
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Well the project continues sloooooooooooowly :(
I bought a piece of polycarbonate for the windscreen,copied the template I had made,and it didn't fit :grrr: Scratched what is left of the grey matter,kicked my arse and tried to figure out where the hell I went wrong.Still wondering.
So I built a frame of the windscreen area,used some hardboard to wrap around it,three pieces in all,marked where they intersected and stapled them together.
When I laid the template out and put the other on top I was 700mm out.And I haven't gotten around to redoing it yet.
Next I filled the bow with areoboard,not the sheets,but a tight beaded block,100mmx100mm that is used as pallets for wall insulation bales and it doesn't seen to absorb water,glassed them in and fitted the fuel tank.All I'll say is the working in a tight space with fiberglass is not the most pleasant of pastimes.
Made some alterations to fuel tank 'cause the fill was to one side,losing about ten litre capacity, and drain on the bottom,moved it to the side.
Strapped it in and earthed it.There was no pickup or place to fit one,so it had to be cut,s/s is a pain to cut a hole in even with the proper hole cutter.
The dash panel I have has no opening for a speedo,so I made one out of a piece of mahogany.I fitted the gauges,well,I have them,so I thought "I might as well."I have fitted a temperature sender and need to drill a hole in the pan for the water pressure tube,haven't decided yet whether to tee into the tell tale or fit an elbow at the top of the water jacket.Any thoughts,opinions and advice appreciated.
The amp meter is just a glorified connector for the live from the battery to the fuse busbar.
And to crown the lot I accidentally wiped about twenty pics of the wee bit I got done,well named this boat :D
Attachments
Photo0285.jpg
Dash
Dash
The  frame
The frame

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Regarding the water pressure tapping I used one of these:- http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/pneumatic ... s/2223823/ with some 4 mm nylon pneumatic tube running up to the gauge. I have found the nylon is good stuff for the job and better than the normal PVC, it is small in diameter so easy to route but tough enough to resist being crushed or cut. I drilled and tapped one of the bosses on a web near the top of the cylinder head cover, being M5 there is enough meat to support the little elbow I'll post a picture when I get a chance.

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

That would be great,thanks :thumbsup:

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Here you go. you can see the little union at about 4 o clock to plug number two. I drilled the boss 3mm diameter through then drilled and tapped it 5mm about 6mm deep the other union at 7 0 clock is the temp gauge sender.
Attachments
P1040256 small.jpg
P1040253 small.jpg
P1040255 small.jpg
P1040254 small.jpg

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Yep I have the temp. sensor as per your photo,and I did not think to put the pressure line there,thank you for the pics and advice.I haven't bought the elbow yet but I'm going to copy your method.
Where did you bring the line through the pan,I know there is a hole already in the pan where I have the temp. wire running,however I wondered if the angle might be too sharp for the tube,or did you use an elbow?