Shakespheare?

A dedicated area to showcase your ongoing and completed restorations.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

De Novo
CMBA Member: 974

Re: Shakespheare?

Post by De Novo »

These scans are from a Shakespeare brochure- it is unfortunately undated,but I would guess 1974.
Shakespeare Super V Sportsman 1000.jpg
Shakespeare Super V Sportsman  2 -200.jpg
Shakespeare Super V Sportsman info 3 -200.jpg

haventaclue
CMBA Member: 924

Post by haventaclue »

Thanks for these.First time I have been able to read them without a magnifying glass :thumbsup:
no matter how bad it is,it can always get worse,I'm an optimist

Wikingboat
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Wikingboat »

My Shakespeare Super Sportman 17 project. So far she has no seats and steering is inappropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6aKjFIVadI

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

I hope this link works... Projects: Shakespeare Super V 17(1979), Chrysler Charger 151 (1969), Finnsport 420 (1972) and Wikingboat 28 (1980)

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=8 ... lder%2cdoc

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

Hi Wikingboat,welcome to the forum,
Beautiful job :thumbsup: I have had a look at the photos,you have skills.
Did you have the fiberglass wraparound for the rear seats or did you need to make it?
Nice size of an outboard,full open,doubt if my auld heart could take it :heat: Keep us posted and more pics and videos please. :wot:

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

Hello.
Thank you for an interesting forum.
Upholstery and seats: During wintertime my wife will make new upholstery for that u-shaped fiberglass module. I will install four separate seats. That is for safety in high speed.
Can´t do much in winter time, it is so cold here. I don´t have warm garage, just car shelter.
Next July our family participate (again) Memorial Grate-Saimaa meeting (MSSA). It was there where I broke Chrysler last summer. It was bit too windy for old lady. I almost lost the bow. Repairs... Anyway, bouth boats should be ready then. My son will drive Chrysler and I will run Shake. Before that a few installions must be done:
• Hydraulic steering
• External cooling water intake
• Propeller test drive for high motor elevation
• Repairing Chrysler

Target:
Less chinewalking and top speed over 60 knots (58,5 kn this summer)
Have fun in memorial meeting whitout braking anything.
Links (MSSA) (second is 2014 fast class):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMZJSoJOm_I
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOPEB1R3fJM

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

It's -30 Celcius out there... Dreaming of warm summer. Anyway after three moths, project Shakespeare will continue. Odered twin cable steering. Current steering has max 55 hp and 2,5 rounds from lock to lock :wild:
Attachments
image.png

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

I had another look at your photos.Interesting what you have done,filling in the splashwell and fitting a jackplate,curious,for why?

Wikingboat

Post by Wikingboat »

Splaswell and transom was full of holes and cuttings.
Transom was too thin. I wanted high fulcrums to make transom strong enough. What is meaning of splaswell? Collect water, well it does not collect anymore. :help:
Made fulcrums of epoxy, fiber and plywood. A car painting firm measured the color of deck. They found exactly same color (BMW color!)
Jackplate: Getting motor higher makes less drag, less consumption and less chine walking. It also give me little bit more bow lift. Besides, it is interesting make testing in different motor elevations.
I have Laser2 prop and it is good propeller in low elevation, but it does no have enough bite in high elevation.
I had to grind the whole bottom because of the bad gelcoat. Painted it 5 times epoxy primes. Bottom had a dent too. Made it straight.
Ps. Sorry, I am writing English in Finnish :roll:
Attachments
painauma.jpg
Jackplate2.jpg
Note, poor mens torque tammer.
Note, poor mens torque tammer.
Fulcrums.jpg
Splaswell3.jpg

haventaclue

Post by haventaclue »

I drilled four,instead of two,drain holes in my splashwell,measured wrong and two of them are half covered by the trim rams :grrr: :grrr: Measure twice cut once,or in this case drill.I measured the width of the engine and trim rams while the engine was on "NO-KIT" and applied the measurements to "Murphy's Law".But when I changed the saddle and brackets,it turns out they were a tad too wide.
I'm making my own wrap around seat backing,what is the measurement from top to bottom of the backing.I'm also considering cutting into sections for easier access to the bilge area,may not be purist restoring,but I think making life easier for myself is the order of the day,auld age and all that :D
There is supposed to be two side benches but I'm opting for one single bench across the back.
What did you use for buoyancy under the deck? There were large sheets of areoboard/styrofoam in mine when I pulled her apart and I have replaced it with same but a tighter bead.I have heard since of sheets of closed cell insulating which I could have used,and should have known about.