Evinrude fast twin flywheel removal

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Re: Evinrude fast twin flywheel removal

Post by sean-nós »

Do you have an aluminium primer button on the fuel tank ? They will normally start up with the fuel in the carb bowl and this will build up the pressure. You can also start it up by gravity letting the fuel run from a bottle held above the engine down a fuel line to the carb.
Also make sure the flywheel is fully tightened down or it will cut the keyway "how do I know that" :oops: :D

Smile and pay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Smile and pay »

Great thank you I will give it a go,there was not a primer button on the tank I did consider gravity but best to check with you guys! as for the fly wheel now I will check it again :thumbsup: do you happen to know the torque for the nut as I have just had a guesstimat at it,and the thought of it coming adrift scores a ten on the cringeometer thanks again Liz

sean-nós
CMBA Member: 793

Post by sean-nós »

Smile and pay wrote:Great thank you I will give it a go,there was not a primer button on the tank I did consider gravity but best to check with you guys! as for the fly wheel now I will check it again :thumbsup: do you happen to know the torque for the nut as I have just had a guesstimat at it,and the thought of it coming adrift scores a ten on the cringeometer thanks again Liz
Around 40 - 45 lbs should do it.

Smile and pay
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Smile and pay »

Thanks for that hoping to get it fired up on sunday KRLiz