Crescent 25 Hp

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

colinhelen
CMBA Member: 0

Crescent 25 Hp

Post by colinhelen »

Hi
Got a couple of these, One working and one Donor. I need a Gear Selector (The small bit in the Gearbox that fits on the end of the selector rod) I would consider a whole gearbox if available.
If anyone needs any parts from the Donor engine PM me to check availability :wot:
Cheers
Col
:help:

dean anderson

Re: Crescent 25 Hp

Post by dean anderson »

hi I have made your selector bit at work as mine broke on dismantling gear box.I made laser cut 4 just to be safe.I also need a gearbox so if you can help me out ?

warrant1145

Post by warrant1145 »

You don't per chance have a service manual for these engines do you. I've just taken the gearbox off our one and find that the gear selector doesn't reach far enough into the gearbox to change gear so the engine is stuck in forward. Any advise or info would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Bill Turk :hmmm:

dean anderson

Post by dean anderson »

no to the manual but think I. now your problem.Its very long winded so best you call me on 07974097454. I will try to explain how i did mine. :grrr:

Gafflad07

Post by Gafflad07 »

Hi Dean,
I'm desperate for some of these selecters, and I've got a spare gearbox if we can come to some sort of a deal

dean anderson

Post by dean anderson »

hi all .my name is dean anderson. still need gearbox for 25 hp crescent . still have gear selectter bits i made at work .phone me on number above :thumbsup: