Mercury MK40 H modified

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

grant

Re: Mercury MK40 H modified

Post by grant »

The camera is a lot more modern than the operator, who appears to have missed the moment all four pots ran, probably filled his bag due to the shock of the noise :shock: :oops:

:hmmm: :o :giggle:

On another Note, we saw this chap on the way out and wondered who's relative it was??? :shock:

Healey75

Re: Mercury MK40 H modified

Post by Healey75 »

Just to thank everyone for help on Sunday especially the LAD (Long Arm Dave) for pulling it over, we did indeed get all 4 pots on song a few times :woo: albeit briefly ... discovered 2 issues, the top carb float insisted on getting its spring hung on the fuel needle valve operating lever so jamming everything shut and also my remote mounted fuel pump just didn't push enough fuel out, it would fill the bottom carb but just never did pump enough to keep the top one filled as well. To get all 4 cylinders going... after freeing the float assy, hand priming would fill the top carb then it would run until the fuel level got to low and it would drop onto 2 cyl.

I'm going to look at refurbing the original pressurised fuel tank system and putting that on, I've got all the bits and hopefully it will all come back to life. also I'll mod/change the float levers and may also reconfigure the fuel pies to the carbs to ensure the top carb fills first. This may take a while...

Thanks again guys and LAD, great day... :chuffed: :chuffed: :hilarious:
Growing up is optional...