URGENT CHRYSLER 20HP starter problems...

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

retrowagen
CMBA Member: 0

URGENT CHRYSLER 20HP starter problems...

Post by retrowagen »

Big question.... Ive got the opertunity to get some bits from an engine (not the whole thing as the bugger is charging wayyyyyyyy to much) But i need some bits for the starter on my 20hp which is missing them as someone decided to have a play with it..

Does anyone have an idea on wiring up the starter from scratch? Pics would be great of another? Just under the tin cap on the top? More of a case of what wire goes where? As theres nothing attached to the connection block on the front of the motor. And what would the small box be under the carb? Its screwed down by 4 screws but seems pointless???

Its my little on the side project while i wait for paint to dry and things on the boat.... :chuffed:

The model number is 205hb

Also Any idea on two small black wires coming out of under the flywheel on the starter solenoid side?

To say its been butchered is an understatement. But theres no play in the bottom end. The box is great and so's the impellor. Loads of compression too.

Any help is obviously greatly greatly appriciated. And goes miles toward helping my old boat back into the water :wot:

Thanks guys. Dan.

Howstar

Re: URGENT CHRYSLER 20HP starter problems...

Post by Howstar »

i try and sort you out with manual, if interested

retrowagen

Re: URGENT CHRYSLER 20HP starter problems...

Post by retrowagen »

Extremely interested yes. :)