Anzani Videos

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Anzani Videos

Post by twister »

For a starter, take a look at some mischief I got up to recently in the US of A...with help (workshop facilities & boat) from a friend, RC Hawie, we fired up & ran one of my old Anzani Racers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOQ4conA6zo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUvVkA3Q4VE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPwiFPwjBKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBUMLWsus8k

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Anzani Videos

Post by Rapier »

Those clips look very interesting! But for some reason my speakers aren't working...so, looking forward to it when I get em sorted out.

I'll be bringing that fuel pipe for the Model U when I come up to Basildon. Hopefully will find the broken tab that fits on the stator plate..This weekend is to build the new racks I've bought from Rapid...Have had too many years of digging through sheds and plastic bins hidden in the deep reaches of the garage and shed (normally with 2 tons of other bits on top).
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Good one 8-)

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

Hi rod,
Whats the boat, is it a CSR thingy that the APBA seem fond of ?
Clive

twister

Post by twister »

It's a 70s Utility built by Austin Boats of Texas I think, they don't race them here, very light 10' long flat-bottomed thing. I didn't get to drive it and I'm not all that bothered - it looked a bit hairy! A lot smaller than a Jinx, I thought.

I'm kind of keen to get the little hydro running again, I have a couple more Anzanis. Best thing running it in the US was that RC had an electric starter, apparently built for Karts, but good for hydro motors. Geared, self-contained with a little gel battery. We could probably build one, doesn't have to use an on-board battery. Made the whole process a helluva lot simpler - and the motor would start in the water. It'd work for your OSY too I reckon.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

I was going to ask about the starter, I saw an add on the LOMBRC for sale section of there web site for electric starters for Yamato's, but I couldn't get in touch with the guy, If I can find it I'll email you as you my know him, however, you think I could make one ?
Clive

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

twister wrote:It's a 70s Utility built by Austin Boats of Texas I think, they don't race them here, very light 10' long flat-bottomed thing. I didn't get to drive it and I'm not all that bothered - it looked a bit hairy! A lot smaller than a Jinx, I thought.

I'm kind of keen to get the little hydro running again, I have a couple more Anzanis. Best thing running it in the US was that RC had an electric starter, apparently built for Karts, but good for hydro motors. Geared, self-contained with a little gel battery. We could probably build one, doesn't have to use an on-board battery. Made the whole process a helluva lot simpler - and the motor would start in the water. It'd work for your OSY too I reckon.

One of my "boats" :D :D :lol: :lol:

Austin Boats in Northern Ireland mostly :lol: :lol: on Lough Erne & Belfast Lough :lol: :lol:

twister

Post by twister »

se7en wrote:I was going to ask about the starter, I saw an add on the LOMBRC for sale section of there web site for electric starters for Yamato's, but I couldn't get in touch with the guy, If I can find it I'll email you as you my know him, however, you think I could make one ?
Clive

If y'all can come up with a geared 12v starter motor I figure we/I can make something pretty easy - the guys in the US said there's a geared starter for a common V8 which is very small & light, but I don't have details.

I think the brand of RC's starter was 'Cole', and he said they were originally intended for karts. The drive shaft is a socket extension, so all you do is put a socket on which fits the flywheel nut.

Looks like a CMBA project is about to happen!

twister

Re: Hydro Engine starter

Post by twister »

Here's the starter.... http://www.macckartingonline.co.uk/kart ... 1406-p.asp

Bit pricey, but no doubt there's somebody who sells it for less.

Doesn't look hard to make if you can find the right motor.

SpiritOfSelkirk

Post by SpiritOfSelkirk »

To add to Twister's Florida adventure with R.C. Hawie startimg the first British Anzani 350cc class B Stock racing in perhaps half a century in January 2009, the following picture clip to whet the appetite to get on to the internets Youtube for more!
Attachments
BSR-ANZANI-2.png
BSR-ANZANI-2.png (176.2 KiB) Viewed 10838 times