BRITISH ANZANI INFLUENCED THESE RACE ENGINES BEING BUILT

For pre 1975 outboards and race motors only.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

SpiritOfSelkirk

Re: BRITISH ANZANI INFLUENCED THESE RACE ENGINES BEING BUILT

Post by SpiritOfSelkirk »

I find them from a whole lot of places including various websites and my own photo books as well as contributions from a whole host of enthusiasts that want history entered and maintained anywhere possible. Its alsmost like creating a virtual museum for all to see. I have so many people to thank and have been thanking many for a long time after they submit something to me to write about. I started enjoying racing as a family thing in the later 1950s as a spectator and as an enthusiast racer in the mid 1960s so I can connect and contribute a lot for readers as a result. Hope all this helps and is enjoyable. ;)

SpiritOfSelkirk

Re: BRITISH ANZANI INFLUENCED THESE RACE ENGINES BEING BUILT

Post by SpiritOfSelkirk »

The venerable Quincy Flathead 6 cylinder loop engine. These Quincy Welding engines came in a 15, 20, 30, 44, 60, 66 and 99 inch bores in 2, 3 and 6 cylinder engine versions for various classes. The Quincy Flathead 6 cylinder looper engine being prepared here with its raceboat in 2008 for 2009 runs was being done because there has never been an all out speed run for a Quincy 6 to date. It is speculated that 150+ miles per hour may be possible for a 60 cubic inch (1100cc)class F Alky. Running closed course the only other engine that could compete with it in its heyday was another Quincy Flathead loop engine, the 44 cube 4 cylinder engine. These engines appeared in the mid 1960s and were still being actively raced in the 1990s though completely eclipsed by Konig and other similar engines by the early 1970s. Racers are waiting to hear and perhaps see what the outcome of this effort will be. Enjoy the picture. Await the news!
Attachments
QUINCY FLATHEAD 6, 60 CUBE ENGINE.jpg