Rudder stock healey 75

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

healey
CMBA Member: 999

Rudder stock healey 75

Post by healey »

Hi.i am having difficulty in disassembling the rudder stock.Can anyone tell me if the quaudrant nut/socket located above the stuffing box is a left or right hand thread.? It appears to be seized . Any suggestions welcomed

Healey75

Re: Rudder stock healey 75

Post by Healey75 »

I don't remember any left hand nuts when I restored my 75...but then i've been to sleep a good few times since then.... :tumbleweed:
Growing up is optional...

welshhealey
CMBA Member: 71

Re: Rudder stock healey 75

Post by welshhealey »

Hi there, further to your post on the rudder gland/stuffing box, I was going to take mine apart over the winter to replace the gland packing, because whilst in use last season it was letting in some considerable amount of water ! but my other on going project (Moonfleet) has somewhat taken over, so, as soon as I get to work on it I will put a note on here :perfect: However, you may have "sussed" it by then, ;) but as Healey 75 pointed out I cannot recall it being a left hand thread the last time I replaced the gland packing :hmmm: I presume you have the original one though ? maybe a good idea to post a pic. if you can . :thumbsup: