Evin 60 Elcia

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Johng
CMBA Member: 0

Evin 60 Elcia

Post by Johng »

hi all, a mammoth 1000 mile trip over 4 days, saw me pick up an Evin 60 with a holed lower piston, and a spare powerhead and mid casing. (the whole lot was only £60, and the gearbox has been rebuilt, plus new impeller etc) dont think I have done to bad really.. :thumbsup: (I was travelling to see family as well)

Most of the 1st engine looks to be there, but it's going to be quite a mission to get everything stripped, cleaned, painted, rebuilt etc
I am getting a manual, and have began to study some online parts diagrams already..

has anyone here got one of these engines? its about 1983 I think, but will cross check the serial number.. what I could do with at some point would be some decent resolution pics of the powerhead of a complete engine, to help identify what if anything is missing from mine.

I will post some pics on my blog later today.

Also, the engine is a [longer] shaft than my suzuki 400cc ... so I guess if I ever want to use it, a transom build will be neccessary?

Thanks as always,
John