1968 Johnson Seahorse 40 hp

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

rnb
CMBA Member: 0

1968 Johnson Seahorse 40 hp

Post by rnb »

Hello All, Have been trying to coax a motor into life in time for Chertsey , replaced coils ,points ,condensers plug leads and caps . managed to start it briefly ... very briefly . Before my arm gave up, its rope pull only. Have now reailised that carb is kn*****ed the idle mixture needle is kaput. I am looking for another carb . Anyone got one :hmmm:

Its very similar to this one but without the round solenoid thing on the side :-

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... &viewitem=

Regards Rob

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: 1968 Johnson Seahorse 40 hp

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Hi rnb , dont know about the carb but I can send you a copy of a 1963 "parts catalog" if thats any use?? send me a PM with your direct email address & I will try to email it OR give me your UK pastage address & I can send you a photocopy or CD disc copy. ( think the email copy failed before to someone ) FREE to CMBA members only!! or a few pints at Cardiff :D :D

Austin

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

hi i got carb spare carb for that engine and had it running if you send me a p m i send you a picture of it

rnb

Post by rnb »

Tremlett thanks for the kind offer of the parts manual , but i allready have one ,

Howstar PM sent !

Cheers Rob