Johnson 40 horse electric start

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

ciddic

Post by ciddic »

So I bought a johnson 40 horse electric start and a evenrude 18.5 pull start don't know how to service and the 40 horse has none of it's controls hooked up don't know how to hook up batteries to eng. then to start button because boat is tore completely down but all the wires are still in place . it's Owens 16' if anyone has throttle control box I will buy it I have the cables and if you have manuals and any good info on how to hook everything up i would be very greatfull. Thanks ciddic :wot:

ciddic

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: Johnson 40 horse electric start

Post by Tremlett 15 »

ciddic wrote:Johnson 40 horse electric start

So I bought a johnson 40 horse electric start and a evenrude 18.5 pull start don't know how to service and the 40 horse has none of it's controls hooked up don't know how to hook up batteries to eng. then to start button because boat is tore completely down but all the wires are still in place . it's Owens 16' if anyone has throttle control box I will buy it I have the cables and if you have manuals and any good info on how to hook everything up i would be very greatfull. Thanks ciddic :wot:

ciddic

PM sent re the 40hp. :cheers:

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: Johnson 40 horse electric start

Post by Tremlett 15 »

For VivaSportiva & ciddic, have sent PMs but not to sure if you got them ( still in the out section??? ) I seem to be receiving ok!!

If you would like a photocopy of the 40 hp Johnson models RK-RKL-25D "Electramatic" parts catalog, ( electric gearbox model )
send me a PM wth your postal details ( including real name!! ) & I will post you a copy 27ish pages, it should cover most of your o/b or be a help/guide to you, it has been a help to others ;)