Johnson Manaul

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Johnson Manaul

Post by VivaSportiva »

I have recently purchased the Owens Speedboat with a 40hp electromatique model RK24L and would appreciate any help with regards to service manuals .Whilst the engine runs it will not charge its battery and will not go into reverse so there is a problem there somewhere which needs sorting. Reading the listings before I believe T15 may have what I am looking for. :thanks:

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: Johnson Manaul

Post by Tremlett 15 »

VivaSportiva wrote:I have recently purchased the Owens Speedboat with a 40hp electromatique model RK24L and would appreciate any help with regards to service manuals .Whilst the engine runs it will not charge its battery and will not go into reverse so there is a problem there somewhere which needs sorting. Reading the listings before I believe T15 may have what I am looking for. :thanks:

No problem, send me a PM with your postal details, its a 27 page "parts" catalog. will send a photocopy. :cheers:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

I've got spare a Seloc, Clymer and a factory 1969 Johnson 40hp (covers the selectric box too) manuals - you're welcome to borrow for a few days?

If you want to hunt one down to buy on ebay is Johnson Evinrude Seloc 1300 (1 and 2 cylinder outboards 1956 to 70) . Clymer is Evinrude Johnson B734 (1.5 to 125hp 1965 to 1972) both are 25 quid or so. The factory ones are readily available 2nd hand from Amazon or ebay and will be around 9 quid.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

VivaSportiva, its in the post 1st class tomorrow, it St. Pats day so may not be collected until Wed, ITS A PARTS CATALOG, mines free just a few pints at Cardiff, look as like I will not need to buy any beer at Cardiff this year :D :D :D :cheers: :cheers:

ciddic, I need your postal details, on the QT. ;) ( I will not use / forward your details to anyone ) just trying to help club members, cant email catalog.

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

28 pages NOW scanned ( photocopying is quicker, 1 1/2 hrs :x ) will send it on to ciddic, IF THE QUALITY IS NOT GOOD DO LET ME KNOW>

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Must say the photocopies are better than the scan ones!!

;)

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

hi i have got this engine, and might have some spare controls,and might beable send some pictures of anything you need to know

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Would love to see some pics of the boat? Email to me if you have trouble loading...
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Tremlett 15

Post by Tremlett 15 »

I how have these on file via scanned copies :cheers: , size etc now OK ;) . so I can emails copies as required. Will save on the postage :)

paper copy sent to VivaSportiva ( U K ) ;) & email copy sent to ciddic ( a long way away ) :o

T 15 ( on a small island between VivaSportiva & ciddc :D :) :wot: )

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

T15.Very many thanks for the spare parts manual for the 40hp Johnson which I received extremely quickly and I must say it is all becoming a lot clearer now .This outboard world is a new one for me since I have always been an inboard man at heart but good interesting inboard boats are either very expensive or just not available so I opted to go for the Owens that was for sale which is all original and in good condition for 40 years old even the seats are original and in great order.The outboard runs but will not charge its battery and will not go into reverse but I will keep digging until I find the trouble.Thanks again for your help. :thanks: