JBASCO IMPELLER REPLACEMENT?

The technical area for everything relating to your powerplant. Post your questions and answers here...

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

kwoffa
CMBA Member: 1180

JBASCO IMPELLER REPLACEMENT?

Post by kwoffa »

Hi Chaps..

My Impeller is in bits!!...i have ordered two new ones so no problem with replacement except i cannot remove whats left,its the middle bit that sits on the shaft..i can see a very small pin? there is no slot in the shaft so it dosnt just push on or pull off ! does anyone know how to remove this...is it the pin thats stopping it ? if it is a pin ? on the cap it says 1/4-400 the pump is bolted to a 100e engine now off...its the last thing stopping me going in the water...it may have never been changed..i really dont know...TIA ..

MEL.

kwoffa

Re: JBASCO IMPELLER REPLACEMENT?

Post by kwoffa »

Well it turns out that the pin was a screw! Which needed a very small allen key to undoe...all done now ! thanks for your interest.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Have you got all the bits of the failed impeller? If not they may lodged in your cooling system.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

kwoffa

Post by kwoffa »

Most if not all the bits was jamed in the pump ! causing a hose to come off !! My new impellers came very quickly..and have been fitted..so hopefully when i put a hose in tomorrow and fire her up if there is any loose bits they will flush out..i will run the engine up to temp..and keep my eye on the temp..which will be a good test,my old impeller was quite brittle....so shouldnt cause any problems...Tuesday misty is going into the water for the first time in years ! so a big day coming up ! :woo: