Winterised my boat & motor

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Winterised my boat & motor

Post by Rapier »

Thus must be the shortest boating season for my Thunderski. The boat was on the water for ten glorious days this year, but it needs a birthday that will only happen in late October. The floor needs to come up - it's got progressively saturated and the downpours we had in Italy made me realise it was more serious that I had assumed. The covered boat (with holes now drilled into the transom) smells vaguely of cats urine - a surefire way of knowing all is not well. The two-pack foam I installed 10 years ago needs to be pulled out, in order that it can all dry out. We'll then fit inner hull drain bungs and 4 inspection hatches into the airspaces behind the sponsons then glass the floor back in. The Healey Sprite boats and early Interglass Thunderballs don't have these, but it makes fastening rubrails awkward, without access to the seam that holds the deck and hull together. I may even get carpet fitted :hilarious:.

Needless to say the extended family enjoyed using it. Various young teenagers learned how to drive and waterski, with the parents having a daily ski too.
Attachments
Picture 100 (Large).jpg
Picture 148 (Large).jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...