A new floor for my Pearly Miss

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

A new floor for my Pearly Miss

Post by solitaire »

I was looking for something durable and low maintenance for the floor my Pearly Miss which I plan to use with the Grandchildren and our Dogs on the Thames this coming year and came across this stuff:-

Just wonderered if any other members have had any expierience with it?

Called "Buffalo Board" or "Mesh Board" and supposedly supplied for trailer and horse box floors, I have used some 18mm board - - which has imense strength - 13ply plus the top "Non Slip" and bottom "resin" coatings, the manufacturers suggested the cut edges are sealed with epoxy or similar -
Cost for an 8ft x 4ft x 18mm sheet was a tad under £75
Mesh Top.JPG
Mesh Bottom.JPG
P Miss Floor.JPG

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: A new floor for my Pearly Miss

Post by floater »

I considered this stuff when I needed to do the floor on my waverider. It is used a lot on scaffold towers and cherry pickers and seems very durable from what I have seen. I dont imagine it gets any maintenance in those situations and I have not seen it rotted only impact damaged. 18mm is rather thick though Im sure I have seen 12mm which I'd have thought thick enough for your floor unless its weekend trips and you're wearing your stillettos :giggle: .

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Solitaire is no lightweight & the pointloading when he has his stiletto's on will be very high floater, I think this is a sensible thickness in this instance. :giggle:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Thickness's here. Ideal for working/hard use boats, I have seen it a lot on car trailers where it seems to hold up well.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

solitaire
CMBA Member: 511

Post by solitaire »

oops .......looks like my secret is out.... :giggle: