Boat Flooring

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Boat Flooring

Post by Scandal »

Hi
I would like to replace the floor covering in my 1961 Century Resorter. Currently it is marine ply covered with non-slip vinyl which gets dirty as soon as you go near the boat and looks dingy.

I would like to know what alternatives there are and any good sources of supply you may have used.

regards

Al :help:

grant

Re: Boat Flooring

Post by grant »

Hi Al, if you want to use some sort of vinyl flooring instead od non slip vinyl flooring there are so many different versions of pattern to choose from, look at poly floor and similar, any flooring/contract flooring company would have all the samples or you could find online to see patterns,search contract flooring,
But also whilst looking for contract flooring threre is the wide range of top of the range flooring called Amtico or Carndene or carndean, they do top notch tile type, and I have seen timber effect that you would struggle to see the difference, it is a very hard wearing waterproof type flooring,
Failing that, you could just replace the ply with a venneered finnish and varnish. :D
:shock:
Grant 8-)

neilgreenfield
CMBA Member: 0

Post by neilgreenfield »

try http://www.boyriven.co.uk ( they are still in business, its just they seem to have forgotten to renew their website.. durrr ) telephone : 01264 771414

they provide vinyl , carpet, foam, spray etc to all major boat builders... fairline, princess etc

they are inexpensive too

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Thanks for advice. :perfect: I will check it out. I hadn't thought of Amtico but now you've brought the subject up I have walked on some wood effect Amtico and it was very like wood. :notworthy:

I had been thinking of 'decksole' but I think the white or black pseudo calking lines would clash with the deck woodwork, hopefully now I can get something more suitable. :thumbsup:

al :help: