What are these brackets for ?

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Mr Pearly
CMBA Member: 1255

What are these brackets for ?

Post by Mr Pearly »

ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 007.JPG
Hello all. I could do with some help identifying these stainless steel plates screwed to the underside of the hull about a foot forward of the transom . The corresponding bit comes up inside the hull and is a sort of angular design . Many thanks
ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 007.JPG
ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 005.JPG
Attachments
ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 004.JPG
:nice:

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: What are these brackets for ?

Post by floater »

Possibly self bailers, often found on sailing dinghys

https://www.force4.co.uk/item/Allen/Sel ... -Guard/IOW

If so they should have a hinge mechanism on the forward edge to enable them to be opened when under way to suck out the water from the bilge.

Mr Pearly
CMBA Member: 1255

Post by Mr Pearly »

Thank you for that, your right they do look like the picture . Has anyone ever seen them fitted to a speedboat , I haven't. It does have a pair of standard drain plugs in the bottom of the transom as you would expect .

I still would be really interested if anyone can shed any light on the make of this little boat. I see it was highlighted on the forum when it was up for sale on ebay recently. I bought it , It had a sort of querky appeal with the bimini hood sticks and the glass windscreen . here's a couple of different photos of her .
ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 011.JPG
ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 013.JPG
ZINGHIN BEFORE ONE 026.JPG
:nice:

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »