Bilge pump location suggestions

Our technical section for all matters related to the care, maintenance and restoration of your classic boat.

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Somethingfishy
CMBA Member: 1176

Bilge pump location suggestions

Post by Somethingfishy »

Hi - i’m looking for suggestions on a bilge pump Location for my Broom Saturn - the floor is sound having been replaced a few years ago but is all the way to the transom (under the rear section). The bottom cavity is all sealed and pealing the edge of the floor away (at the centre adjacent to the transom) only reveals a shallow area, which is not deep enough to locate a pump (certainly not the square in in one variety I have purchased) does anyone have any prior experience or suggestions - I am not up for removing the floor or cutting into the bottom cavity compromising it’s integrity. She ya obviously survived many years without one, but want to up the anti and leave her afloat on the sea for a view days.Thanks

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Bilge pump location suggestions

Post by Rapier »

Not sure if you found a solution for this one, but I placed mine on the helm side under the splashwell..there just wasn't enough space on the floor in the centre (lowest part of the hull). Most of the rainwater was pumped out with the balance leaving once I stood in that corner...
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Somethingfishy
CMBA Member: 1176

Re: Bilge pump location suggestions

Post by Somethingfishy »

Great thanks - will do the same then as agree there not enough space under the floor in the centre.