So'ton Water Run in March

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

So'ton Water Run in March

Post by Rapier »

Anyone up for one, test boats for the season with company?

Itchen bridge launch, with blat up the Water, slow convoy up the Hamble River to The Jolly Sailor, moor at the pontoon, a drink / lunch - this is weather dependent and tide dependent as the wind over tide at the mouth can be horrible. The other option is a blast around and slip back at Itchen with a late lunch 2-3pm 'ish' at the Victory, or the King and Queen in Hamble. The dates open are the 8th, 15th or 22nd.
Attachments
100_0346resize.JPG
1131_On_slipresize.jpg
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

assegai
CMBA Member: 0

Re: So'ton Water Run in March

Post by assegai »

I'm up for that, make it later rather than early I,ve got some varnishing to do!!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Count me in - I need to increase my carbon footprint! :shock: :) I probably can't do the 15th though so 22nd is looking favourite, better chance with the weather then possibly as well. 8-)
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Good plan. Unfortunately, I could only do either the 8th or th 15th, I am away after these days until April 7th. On the picture we look like were having such good fun this must have been taken before all the breakdowns. (only joking)

Al

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I have checked my dates & I got them mixed up :roll: so I am OK for all of them. Now it's just a question of whether we want to avoid Scandal that day or not! :o :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Scandal will need a trial run as a launch wallah before Cardiff...
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Launch wallah? whats that all about. When I said I'd put on some rubber leggings to help at Cardiff I assumed it would be a suitable management bankside role. Nobody said anything about getting in the water. Don't you know cold that stuff can get for goodness sake. I thought the bit about the rubber trousers was a bit strange but then I have met Geoff before and very little about him is normal anyway.

Al

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

I'm not sure a boat will be ready yet, though have the big one down there if desparate. I'm trying to sort shaky out and am close. not done impellor yet, but it pumps very strongly so could chance it if time runs out. Min or Bluebell would commision with very little work though Min I want to do some bigger jobs on before use.

If we launch at ithchen and I come.

1) will bring disco which will pull heavies out if in trouble. Rapier, it is best done before low spring tide :lol: .
2) you get very deep in the water on this slip to float off with the car so I suggest using a length of rope and running trailers down on rope behind vehicle using jockey wheel.

Last time even my Frontera was very deep in before MIN floated off! and salt water not good on decent cars.

I have been considering investing in a winch to hang on a towball for such purpose...anyone used one?

Do we have a date yet?

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

I think you will find its mothers day on 22nd....so for some, including me, no chance. Three mothers to keep happy! :grrr:

assegai
CMBA Member: 0

Post by assegai »

I've got one of those tow hitch winch thingies, never use it, length of rope much easier. It's to much bother hooking it up to the battery it draws a lot of power so a plug in the back of the car is no good.