Another Rally in Poole?

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

chris_craft
CMBA Member: 721

Another Rally in Poole?

Post by chris_craft »

Just wondered if anybody might be interested in an earlier additional rally in Poole. Have been speaking to somebody who works at the Marina on the quay and they may be able to arrange something using the Pontoon berths. (Not sure where we would launch - Baiter can be a bit shallow at low water). Might not come to anything but would anybody be interested - perhaps May or June??? Be good to have a chance of slightly better weather than October?? Dave

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Re: Another Rally in Poole?

Post by VivaSportiva »

Holidays permitting it sounds a great idea.We are some of the lucky members who live here so it would be great for us . We can also offer the services of being a safety boat as well should you wish, as we have a RIB also.We have done this before at the Arun run and Poole last year.

chris_craft
CMBA Member: 721

Post by chris_craft »

Maybe we could arrange a couple of informal evening blasts during the summer if this doesn't come to anything. Like you say there are a few of us listed in the Bournemouth/Poole/Christchurch area and it would be great to make the most of the summer - and have a couple of beers aswell maybe?? Dave

assegai
CMBA Member: 0

Post by assegai »

Additional events are always welcome. Is there a speed limit inside the harbour at that time of year, would it be feasable to run outside say along by Shell Bay? :D

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Hi

I would be very interested in an earlier rally at Poole or it would be good fun to arrange the odd semi-informal trips. As our boats are 'classic' they do fail to proceed very occasionally, it is good to be near another classic boat with a tow rope! Rapier has in the past arranged semi-informal Sunday morning trips on the Itchen which is not that far away, and I think there's every chance another one will likely be arranged this spring.

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

I am all for informal blasts and the Itchen one previously followed our liking the venue having tried it out. Some of you know, we keep our "big boat" just yards from the itchen slip and this means we have access to the pontoons which Rapier has availed himself of before, as well as Bella Figura to tow :lol: A safety tow boat is always useful, Min knows this having towed and been towed! all due to 2 flakes of red paint in the main jet from iside a metal tank.

If we fancied a proper "rally" from here I could ask Graham in the yard if we could have a spot to use one day? officially? he is amenable to proper money :D plenty of pubs nearby though never tried them. Being a few hundred yards from Sotton footie ground best choose a day no football is on.

I think it is near enough to many for a summer evening if we took afternoons of work too.

Lots to see, potter or blast.