CMBA Web Site Attack

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

CMBA Web Site Attack

Post by BroomBroom »

Please be aware that our site was heavily hacked by some far-eastern gentlemen (I use the term loosely), who decided that it would be a good idea to host numerous web sites for Chinese knock off goods on our server. I have re-configured all our security settings and have removed all trace of the rogue files - all 100,000+ of them :evil:

The way the attack was implemented meant that users of the site and this forum would not have noticed anything untoward - sneaky (insert expletive here).
I can confirm the security of forum Members information has not been compromised in any way and normal service has now been resumed.

Apologies if any Members encountered any disruption - if anything suspicious crops up or if you receive special offers for CMBA designer-wear by Prada, Gucci and the like - direct in bulk from China, please let me know via PM. Many thanks!

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: CMBA Web Site Attack

Post by Alacrity »

Thanks as always for your efforts Robin.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Just seen this - thanks Robin!
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Post by Simonp »

Thanks for keeping us safe. My virus software picked the CMBA up as a dodgy site. Surely not - the members maybe!

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.