Beaulieu Boat Jumble

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Beaulieu Boat Jumble

Post by Alacrity »

The CMBA had a great display yesterday at the jumble, we fielded 10 boats in two locations on the site & our friends from COPC (see COPC website) had 3 boats on show on the two sites. We also a nice display of 5 early outboards & a display stand etc. inside a marquee.

The weather could have been kinder with rain showers (very heavy & persistent at times) being the order of the day until about 3 so wellies were definitely a bonus!

Nevertheless a good amount of folk visited us & we signed up at least 3 people on the day with many more showing serious intent.

Our thanks to all who brought boats & manned the stand, it can't happen without you all. :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Beaulieu Boat Jumble

Post by Rapier »

Thanks to the organisers too - I enjoyed the day and was a great spread of boats, representative of just about all COPC and CMBA have to offer (bar the untrailerables..).

This was lovely looking boat, in the flesh..

http://www.classicoffshore.com/blog/2013/12/12/2736/
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Yes of course :oops: , my thanks as well to the organisers and to Andy W who got us there in the first place.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

LOTUS30
CMBA Member: 0

Post by LOTUS30 »

I called in and found the committee in full discussion which is fair enough as it is a good opportunity for you all to get together.
But it would have been nice to get a coffee or tea. Could you not bring along a small generator and a kettle for members and visitors as you had a nice large area for people to get together and chat. Just a thought.
andy bradshaw

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Thank you for calling at the stand. I hope you enjoyed viewing the boats on show. Very sorry about the lack of hot refreshments, however, a stand selling all manner of drinks and snacks could be found directly opposite our location.

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

A big thank you to all those involved in organising the CMBA stand .It very much achieved its purpose and we have to date 4 new members signed up so every little helps. Our display of boats was impressive and I think even in view of the weather our stand was well attended. Some good comments about the COPC display also .For Janice and me a great day all round.

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Post by catweazle »

Found you late thanks to Nick.you should be proud of the display and owners of the boats.well done.