Cardiff 2013

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Cardiff 2013

Post by bigminiandy »

Just wanted to say a great big thank you to all those involved in the organisation of the Cardiff event. Even the weather was booked, looking at little sun burnt at the moment :D

Also a thanks to all those you attended making it one to remember!

Sorry we haven't got any pictures due to having a thoroughly great time. :wot: Hopefully somebody else will
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

eastcoast
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Cardiff 2013

Post by eastcoast »

I will second that, Fantastic event and wonderful company.
Chris,Penny, Mike, David and everyone involved many thanks for making it happen.
Will certainly be there next year, all we need is the sun to shine.

All the best.

mickrh999
CMBA Member: 942

Post by mickrh999 »

Thank you to everyone involved in organising and running this fab event, and for for making my girls and I feel so welcome over the weekend, looking forward to next year already.
Mick Harris (Amanda Jane)

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Post by floater »

Cracking time as ever, many many thanks to the team that put it all together for all of the hard work that goes in to such a fantastic event :notworthy:

I had a fantastic time and even won a prize for showing off, something that never happened at school.

Seem to have happened across a shark in the shallows of Tiger Bay (Bae Teigr) luckily I had a spare with me.
Attachments
Shark food
Shark food

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Blimey, I bet the shark was a mess! :hilarious:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Family rapier says thanks very much for everyone's hard work - i know it's a tremendous effort of organisation and I enjoyed very moment. Great to meet new faces esp. haventaclue who has the kind of issues i have with restorations. Thanks to the recovery team & those who had to get home,got delayed and had
to be back to work this morning!

For those that got woken by my alarm this am, apologies.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

water_buoy
CMBA Member: 842

Post by water_buoy »

Many thanks to all the organisers who did a cracking job this year (again)! Sasha and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, it's got to go down as one of my best boating events yet :thumbsup: thanks to Darren, Rod and Nick as well for the rides :wot: although its been and added another 3 boats to my wish list now :giggle:
I've got lots of pics to trawl through but here's the first few http://s40.photobucket.com/user/dan9487 ... t=3&page=1
If anyone would like some originals sent through then just PM me an email address and I can send you some :thumbsup:
There should be more to follow.

Thanks again for a brilliant long weekend :perfect:
Dan
My Boat Building Facebook Page http://www.facebook.com/rockethydroplanebuild

Music Man
CMBA Member: 762

Post by Music Man »

Fantastic Rally, as always, great to meet new faces and meet up with old friends. Special thanks to the organizers, you know who you are , you are a formidable team who took care of every detail, Great!! :woo:

Hopefully see you at York :wot:

Gary, Jane, Joe & Adam

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

An absolute blinder of a weekend as far as we were concerned, great company & great fun. There was a good show of new members & 'new' boats, all of which were extremely welcome. Good to see a few more big boats there as well. :woo:

As others have said, many thanks to Chris & Penny, Mike T & David K for all their efforts behind the scenes & over the weekend generally. Thanks as well to to all the others working away behind the scenes & with the recovery operation.

Looking forward to 2014 with new members taking over the running of it from Chris, Penny & Mike.

PS I hope my two girls were not too irritating to you with all their mischief! Please let me know if they were.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

water_buoy wrote:I've got lots of pics to trawl through but here's the first few http://s40.photobucket.com/user/dan9487 ... t=3&page=1Dan
Great set of pictures Dan, nice to see some pictures of my boat moving! :D :chuffed: :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!