Cardiff 2013

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Re: Cardiff 2013

Post by Simonp »

Would like to echo and add my thanks to all the previous remarks. So many to thank including those that helped launch and retrieve the Simmonds and towed me back to base. Thankfully the twin coil arrangement just fitted came in handy and we were soon on our way again. I especially liked our informal Pimms party which was such a pleasure on a sunny day.

The post Cardiff do list is not so great this year but am thinking of fitting some kind of rubber mounting for the coil - I have had too much trouble with these over the years.

Simon
:wot:
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

Thanks to all from my lot........fab weather, fab boats an despite the last year or so's conviction of a clubmate that Lola Sky would not plane until I get her bigger motor on I fiddled, fettled and proved it did :woo: glad the newly fitted bronze two blade prop that makes a difference in addition to getting the synchronisation right did not meet the SHARK floater found :o

The efforts of so few for so many is really appreciated, I am only too happy to help recover/launch as other commitments prevent help in the build up.

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Some videos from the rally displays - this will link to the others. Change the resolution to 480. Enjoy..

Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...