Henley on Thames

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

Henley on Thames

Post by Dakota »

Do we have a stand this weekend at the above event ?

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Henley on Thames

Post by Alacrity »

Not to my knowledge, I am away with a few other members this w/e so can't attend anyway.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Post by catweazle »

Had a good day there ,although i think the boat numbers were down aswell as the public.Was hoping to see you guys there ,whats happened ,they were asking for Healey boats to join the cars.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

The organisers won't allow ply or fibreglass boats at the show (unless you are a friend of theirs :hmmm: ) so that rules out all Healey boats in theory. They did give special dispensation for one to be there about 3 years ago.

Spoke to a member who was there today & he saw quite a good few CMBA people there. We will have a stand there next year I'm sure.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!