Winter Mag

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Winter Mag

Post by puddleduck »

May I be the first to congratulate our editorial and publishing team and all you contributors for the latest issue - ticks all my boxes for content and quality. However there is one disclaimer - the exploding trousers belong to Alacrity - I just sent the photo in! I guess you all knew that anyway, my bottom is much trimmer!

Merry Christmas to all our readers :wot:

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Winter Mag

Post by Howstar »

Very good loads to read,i was going to put some more pictures together for cutlass bearing bit ,for the next spring issue but the article got printed early,nether mind it all looks good, i will be working on other bits for spring issue.

I hope it encourage others to pen to paper

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Mine arrived an hour ago and has been devoured already (I did leave a small soggy corner uneaten, where the envelope and mag had succumbed to the onslaught of water dripping off the postman) What a great mag!

Am really looking forward to 2013 and less wet weather though, but thinking back it seems we've had a number of open water events that have been run on the most incredibly calm water I've ever seen...Hayling, Falmouth, Poole and a recent So'ton Water run...shape of things to come; with globular warming?
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Sicobra
CMBA Member: 891

Post by Sicobra »

Just to repeat what has already been said, GREAT MAG, thanks, only had time for a quick glance but one thing that did stand out was Rod's idea of getting a Norfolk event going next year. As Rod says it would be a SLOW event unless we cruised to Breydon but a great location to run up into the heart of Norwich and some great pubs to stop at up and down the river. I am sure it would be a great weekend so I implore you to email Rod and support it. I know of one really nice location towards Norwich where I am sure the town council would love to have us visit and moor up for the folks of Norwich to come and see our boats, it has a really nice riverside green, two pubs, nice cafe and a warm welcome is guaranteed. I just hope that if it goes ahead its not a weekend when I am working!!!!!!
Happy Christmas all, cheers, Si

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Great read,thanks for the mention in the letter.we had to laugh about the Landrover.its a series one,but hey who cares,appreciate the mention.merry xmas.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

puddleduck wrote:May I be the first to congratulate our editorial and publishing team and all you contributors for the latest issue - ticks all my boxes for content and quality. However there is one disclaimer - the exploding trousers belong to Alacrity - I just sent the photo in! I guess you all knew that anyway, my bottom is much trimmer!

Merry Christmas to all our readers :wot:
Hmmm, I represent that remark! :oops:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

I seem to remember Trago Mills don't do your size in oilies either . ;)
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Quigs

Post by Quigs »

Looking forward to my first read :D

Quigs

Post by Quigs »

Still waiting for my back issue.... :tumbleweed:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Quigs wrote:Still waiting for my back issue.... :tumbleweed:
:?: :?: :?:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!