Priory Craft Ltd

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Priory Craft Ltd

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Priory Craft Ltd, St. Olaves. Gt. Yarmouth. Norfolk.

Can anyone tell me if this company is still trading & if so any contact numbers, OR if the company was taken over, what is it called now ?

:cheers: :wot:

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Re: Priory Craft Ltd

Post by puddleduck »

Hi Austin, not heard of Priory Craft, but the Albatross factory was in St.Olaves - it's not a very big place! You need a local, try Twister.

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

puddleduck wrote:Hi Austin, not heard of Priory Craft, but the Albatross factory was in St.Olaves - it's not a very big place! You need a local, try Twister.

Thanks, will send him an email. :cheers: :wot:

73miss
CMBA Member: 763

Post by 73miss »

Hi

A quick Google has not thrown up a lot of info. It does appear that Priory closed in late 88/ early 89

http://horning.org.uk/yardsearch.php?aa ... name=craft

I am over that way later in the week so will stop and have a look at what is about. I cant remember where they actaully were but I am sure someone will know.

Regards
Andy

puddleduck
CMBA Member: 80

Post by puddleduck »

Found out a bit more.... Priory Craft ocuppied the sheds at the end of the yard where Albatross were. A bloke called Langford Jennings of Alpha Craft at Brundall bought the yard (including Priory Craft) in the mid 70's to fit out hire boats. Alpha craft still exists www.alphacraft.co.uk

try them for info.

Chris