Stewartby - Sat 25th to Sun 26th

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Stewartby - Sat 25th to Sun 26th

Post by Rapier »

Sat 25th April to
Sun 26th April '09
(Provisional)

10-20 Boats Expected
Stewartby Lake

South/West of Bedford
Invitation -
Informal Gathering

(£5 weekend camping Fri to Mon poss.
Hook up £2.50 night)
Rod Champkin
John Tassell
SPRC

Entry per boat:
£20/day £35 weekend
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Re: Stewartby - Sat 25th to Sun 26th

Post by Alacrity »

Stewartby dates are confirmed now. No longer provisional.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

Can I go Sir?

Please Sir?

Pretty Please?

I'll be good..... well fairly good :oops:

Oh go on... pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaasssseeee ;)

Best behavour

I'll bring cakes ;)

Dakota
CMBA Member: 690

Post by Dakota »

Is their room for a liitle one ? Bullet has not had an outing yet - however i might need a few mechanic's on standby :grrr:

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Stewartby is open to all CMBA members - just turn up on the day & hand yer dosh over! :( Remember to take your CMBA membership card along in case you are asked. I myself will be not attending this meet, but will be at the later one to flush the motor thoroughly after the Falmouth & Poole events.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

This weekend at Stewartby was excellent with fantastic weather and great boating and my sincere thanks must go to Dave Yogi Bear for coming to our rescue when our Delta, Shadow decided to break the rocker shaft. He came back on Sunday and not only fitted another one for me that he just happened to have but also adjusted all the tappets as well and refused to accept any payment for this, what a true Samaritan and we are eternally grateful for giving us back the boating weekend we had hoped for. :thanks:

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

:oops:

yogibear

Post by yogibear »

It certainly was an excellent weekend. A huge vote of thanks to those involved in the organising and actual setting up over the weekend. The timings were excellent with those little half hour sessions thrown in as well. Superb.

A lot of fun was to be had with a good breeze ensuring part of the lake was rough enough for some more spectacular moments during our 'heats'. Most memorable for me was "Eat The Peach" fully propriding for a good 20 yards - when I mentioned it to its 'pilot' there was one of those wry knowing smiles.... I believe the 44 or so mph indicated on his sat nav may have had something to do with it.

Arn't 'Pipkin 11' with its 2.5 marine engine and 'Batboat 111' wonderful? Just the name Hispano Suiza is enough to make the heart race without hearing one on a lake!

Talking about hearing things on the lake, Saturday produced our first diesel powered Delta. Well it certainly sounded like a diesel... 4108 Perkins probably. Poor Shadow I suspect was not only the slowest out there but the most expensive to run with its three cylinder Ford!

And now I'm going to disgrace myself and confess I can't remember the names of the rest of the fleet. Ah yes, Loki was one, a Jetstar with a fresh V6 was another and a brand new Suzuki outboard that didn't quite agree with its new home was also there - apologies for forgetting the boats name.

Then there was the hydroplane.... you get the idea.

An excellent time.

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Can someone send some spiel to Mike Ward the mag editor - preferably with some pictures? He is always keen for copy, so any of you guys out there that can write well, Yogibear your are way up there, (I can't :( ) pick up your pens & tell us your stories! :thanks:

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Post by Simonp »

Burn't the clutch out on the tow car - maybe next time!

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.