Boat Friendly Hotels?

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Carvalin

Boat Friendly Hotels?

Post by Carvalin »

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a hotel in the south/south east where you can moor up overnight? Anywhere on a river, estuary or port would be ideal. Not too sure how the wife will take me taking the boat but, hey!

AJ

yogibear

Re: Boat Friendly Hotels?

Post by yogibear »

Now there's a thought. Last time I took my delta to a hotel I had the devils own job getting the bloody thing in the lift - let alone in the bed :D

I must admit that actually leaving it moored up outside for the night does fill me with trepidation. You see about six hours afloat is about as far as I've dared so far! Much more than that and the bilge pump realises the hopelessness of its task and resigns itself to another close shave with Davey Jones locker. The missus reckons I really always wanted a submarine and the Delta is the closest I've got so far. :oops:

Its quite amazing really, leave it out on the trailer all winter and it'll fill up to the steering wheel without the slightest hint of a droplet even remotely making a bid for freedom but as soon as I ask the water to stay on the outside of the hull........ nope not a chance. Cure the shaft gland and its the rudder housing contributing to the free bilge wash. Stop the rudder and the water jacket has a go. Then there's the odd leak from the bathing platform mountings, and the exhaust. Ultimately most of the boats river based contents seems to be caused by the nut holding the wheel......

Anyway, I'm pleased to say that after a fettling session I'm no longer worried about the possibility of sinking - yup, I've bought a better life jacket :lol:

Yogi