New forum.

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Sandymac

New forum.

Post by Sandymac »

Fabulous job. This is much better. Thanks to all concerned.
Sandy

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Re: New forum.

Post by BroomBroom »

Thanks for the positive comments and welcome aboard!

Cheers,

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

chris barker
CMBA Member: 12

Post by chris barker »

I know you guys are working hard and trying your best but I don't like this new design of forum at all. Previously you just clicked in and all recent topics were on show. Now it's much slower and more frustrating clicking from topic to topic.

Chris B

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Chris,

Sorry :cry: - tried to make it as intuitive as possible. If it helps, you should be able to instantly see any new posts as the icons to the left of the subject are in Red. This represents any new topic which you have not yet viewed.

We had a few ermm... 'grizzles' on the old forum (which served us brilliantly) as topics just disappeared off the bottom of the page to be lost in the ether forever if people didn't use the search feature. With this new forum you should be able to go straight to the areas of interest. You also now have the ability to send personal messages to other members and many other features. As we now also host the forum 'in house' we can hopefully resolve any issues more quickly and easily - prior to that it was out of our hands.

Have to say I have not noticed any speed issues, but if it becomes problematical please keep me posted.

Please give it a chance - I appreciate there is a bit of a learning curve, but the overwhelming feedback has been positive.

Cheers,

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/