Now we are back - with some pictures!!!!

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Now we are back - with some pictures!!!!

Post by Alacrity »

See you in 11 days time folks, off to Aix (next weekend) via Lake Annecy with Phil the meat, Lynda & Chris Craft 'Buddy Buoy'. Meeting se7en & Rapier at Annecy. We will do our very best to enjoy ourselves! :woo:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Re: We're off

Post by Tatra Man »

I've gone green!

But have fun!! :thumbsup:
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

chriscraft
CMBA Member: 0

Post by chriscraft »

hope you all have a great time we went for 8 years straight, try to go to the resturant at the top of the cliffs above the lake to the north of aix town fab views go early as the close just after sunset ,but well worth it. say hi to sophie and bertrand at the Davat from us, bon voyage, salut, David :drink: :drink: :drink: :woo: :woo: :heat: :thumbsup:
that bloke up north !

assegai
CMBA Member: 0

Post by assegai »

Alistair, Jenny, Sonia and myself are off tomorrow with 'Calneva'. Straight to Aix then Anncy after for a couple of days. :wot: :drink: :giggle:

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

safe trip, bring ur camera...... :D

:wot:

:drink:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

We're back after 3 weeks of daily boating at Como and Annecy. Met up with the Aix contingent and had a great 4 days...

Annecy has mooring issues where we were, so be prepared to slip out each day, or organise a mooring buoy rental yourself... months in advance. Kept an eye out for Scandal and Assegai en route home to no avail.

Not to put a dampener on the occasion, but in the couple of 1000kms we drove, in 4 countries, the 500 or so we did in the UK were the worst for bad drivers - lane blocking / hogging being the worst. UK truck drivers need a wake up call too, they seemed the only ones convoying and overtaking up hills in Europe.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Rapier wrote:We're back after 3 weeks of daily boating at Como and Annecy. Met up with the Aix contingent and had a great 4 days...

Annecy has mooring issues where we were, so be prepared to slip out each day, or organise a mooring buoy rental yourself... months in advance. Kept an eye out for Scandal and Assegai en route home to no avail.

Not to put a dampener on the occasion, but in the couple of 1000kms we drove, in 4 countries, the 500 or so we did in the UK were the worst for bad drivers - lane blocking / hogging being the worst. UK truck drivers need a wake up call too, they seemed the only ones convoying and overtaking up hills in Europe.
Welcome back Rapier,

sounds like u had a great time,

a few post re ID of boats for you to sort out......... ;)

hope you have lots of pics to post....... :thumbsup:

:wot:

:drink:

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

My Birchwood and Merc 500 ran like a trooper, day in, day out for almost 3 weeks, skied us and friends and was happy to cruise for hours. Fuel in Europe is a bit odd, seems packed with ethanol, mothballs and weird smelling chemicals - does no good for 40+ year old o rings and fuel lines. Altitude can affect engine performance too. This time of the year Como can get rough midday through to 6 or so pm...a bit like a choppy day in S'oton water, but the windsurfing is spot on.

Some pics...
Attachments
Heading for home..
Heading for home..
Annecy
Annecy
Annecy
Annecy
Rapier's brother in full flight...Domaso is known for it's windsurfing.
Rapier's brother in full flight...Domaso is known for it's windsurfing.
Picture 160 (Large).jpg
Skiing most mornings..
Skiing most mornings..
Picture 155 (Large).jpg
Nice Gondola!
Nice Gondola!
Tango's mooring at Domaso
Tango's mooring at Domaso

grant

Post by grant »

Those pics look absolutly stunning, is that tango boat electric start?? :hmmm: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

No, flywheel staring accusingly at me on my return...not enough time to investigate it's fit before we left. Wasn't a problem though even the Mrs was pull starting it happily.