Cardiff

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Cardiff

Post by twister »

Just want to say a big Thanks to Chris & Penny, Capt Tarry (Imperial Airways, retired), Ray, Simon and all the other team members for the great weekend!

The picnic trip & Pimms was a great innovation and was enjoyed by all, I believe......and it didn't rain, either.
:perfect: :perfect:

Now shattered after the long drive home and of course so pleased to be back at work...

Best wishes to all,

rod

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: Cardiff

Post by floater »

I'd like to echo those sentiments, a cracking event well organised and great fun. The treasure hunt and picnic added a bit of variety to the weekend too.

Brilliant many thanks to all those who made it happen.

DH

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Post by bigminiandy »

I would also like to say thanks to all those involved in the planning and running of the event, it was fantastic. Was very very happy to have won best fibreglass boat. Much better than the hard luck trophy, as I have the past 2 years!!! :help:

So once again and I'm sure the feelings of many others, thank you.

Andy and Charlotte.
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

What an eventful weekend. :perfect:

With this year's change to River Cruising on the Saturday with Penny's Pims Picnic, :drink: seeking out the answers to some very obscure questions set by Ian Griffin :grrr: and my own version of the indian Rope Trick :oops: (The rope doesn't disappear, it gets cut off the prop). :lol:

Sunday great as well, with lot's of sunshine to top things off. :heat:

Thanks to everyone who helped to organise or run the weekend, :juggle: really enjoyed it, looking forward to the next one. ;)

Al :help:

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

twister wrote:
Just want to say a big Thanks to Chris & Penny, Capt Tarry (Imperial Airways, retired), Ray, Simon and all the other team members for the great weekend!

The picnic trip & Pimms was a great innovation and was enjoyed by all, I believe......and it didn't rain, either.
:perfect: :perfect:

Now shattered after the long drive home and of course so pleased to be back at work...

Best wishes to all,

rod
I agree with all the above, not to be down on previous rallies - all of which I thoroughly enjoyed - change was forced upon us from outside the CMBA but the new format brought about by those mentioned above proved to be a real winner. As ever it involved a lot of work behind the scenes before the event & a lot of work for these guys over the event. Well done all of you & thank you for another first class weekend. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :notworthy:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Healey75

Post by Healey75 »

HAD A GREAT TIME. It was brilliant to take part as an entrant for the first time...now I know what I've missed...! Thanks to all for everything and putting on a great event. Previously at Cardiff we have had to base all our activities around Mermaid Quay as the Harbour Authority we sponsoring us to put on a show both days, now we have the opportunity to do something different on the Saturday and the choice of activities was just right leaving plenty of time to treasure hunt (note to self..must read the directions next year before setting off) and play out on the water.

Again thanks to you all for picking up the event and doing all the hard work and making it happen. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Growing up is optional...

knarloid
CMBA Member: 754

Post by knarloid »

For those of us who couldn't attend, Image

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

I have a few but its getting the time to shrink them down to a 'forum size'. I only got back Monday afternoon & am off to Annecy & Aix on Friday so its a little hectic. Will see what I can do. I didn't take as many as usual as I was busy on other stuff however.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

OK, here's a couple, as I say I don't have many of the boats I'm afraid, busy elsewhere, lots of others snapping away though!
Attachments
Beautiful newly restored Grumpy (the boat not DK!)
Beautiful newly restored Grumpy (the boat not DK!)
Delta with Rover V8 powered jaccuzi
Delta with Rover V8 powered jaccuzi
Oops!
Oops!
Pimm's anyone!
Pimm's anyone!

knarloid
CMBA Member: 754

Post by knarloid »

Thanks!

Great pics.

:perfect: