CMBA Chertsey meeting 29/4/11

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

CMBA Chertsey meeting 29/4/11

Post by Alacrity »

Details of the meeting at JB Waterski in the members area.
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

catweazle
CMBA Member: 0

Re: CMBA Chertsey meeting 29/4/11

Post by catweazle »

Could come down and help with the launching modified the front tow hitch much better. :wot:

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

Always welcome, get in touch with David. Will bring one of my fleet so you can have a run too - hoping to have the new aquisition ready, but if not you're welcome to try whatever I've brought.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Ok look forward to it,how do i contact David?. :hmmm:

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Sorry didn't see this until now! Sent you a PM.

Rapier
Site Admin

Post by Rapier »

Well, progress slower on my project, so will bring Tangito :wot: and take a few videos instead. Looks to be 14-15 boats tomorrow and obviously will be those fewer in people numbers in tents outside Westminster Abbey....
Attachments
Picture 043 (Large).jpg

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

Your lucky........you wait till your daughter is older.......my one...Alex.. wants to go and see the Royal wedding.... so .. good old dad has to get up at 1am take Alex and a friend to Westminster, come back , get the boat out ,and go to Chertsey....... :hmmm:

Tatra Man
CMBA Member: 825

Post by Tatra Man »

Yep - I've been to both of the Ivy Lake (Chichester) meetings but can't make this one because of "other events" happening on the same day.

Mind you, looking back, it was an absolute hoot the evening before the investiture of Prince Charles as Prince of Wales when the journey of the Royal family to Caernarfon was shrouded in secrecy because of the activities of Plaid Cymru and I found myself in my Sunbeam Alpine with the roof down, my girl-friend in the passenger seat and her flatmate sat on the boot-lid with her feet on the back 'seat' driving round the Victoria Memorial waving at the crowds when a Rolls Royce with no number plate pulled out in front of me from Buckingham Palace and several other similar cars pulled in behind me! . . . . . . . Needless to say, I didn't follow them down The Mall but buggered off down either Spur Road or Birdcage Walk! - In the heat of the moment I don't recall which but the Welsh Nationalists were pretty active and my immediate reaction was that several guns might well have been unholstered in the cars behind me and I didn't want to be on the wrong end of one!

If I was in London right now, I'd probably be doing just the same! :hilarious:
I hope my new Alpine floats better than my old one!

catweazle

Post by catweazle »

Many thanks to all for a great day and lunch,was glad to help, out.Thanks for the rides also and for the drive of a very surprising little boat. :thumbsup:

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Post by VivaSportiva »

Janice and I had a great day yesterday and so did youngest daughter and family.Our first event of the season and good to see old friends.The weather was great so too was the food and a very special thank you to the launch and recovery team it is always a very much appreciated task that you perform.