worlds fastest tea trays !!

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

worlds fastest tea trays !!

Post by se7en »

Go to http://www.john-tom.com/Klong16/Longtail.html and have a look on there, watch the you tube clips.....wow........ there mad............James wants one ............says the Jinx is to slow.... :roll:

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Re: worlds fastest tea trays !!

Post by Simonp »

Wow - what fun - do we reckon some of these are CMBA eligible!

SimonP
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

I think some of the drivers are............they must be daft.......that alone makes them eligable..... :giggle:

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Post by petrolhead »

lovely long tail boats! when we visited Thailand some years ago I recall fondly various trips on longtail boats. They generally were usually a dirty great lorry engine or big petrol beast pivoted on a balance point using steel tube etc. We sat on one and the local lad started pulling on a pair of rubber gloves :!: which was a little curious.

He then took two large cables out from the bottom of the boat and held them directly onto a loose battery to crank the engine until it started....Human Solenoid! :hilarious: