moonfleet info

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

tmc

moonfleet info

Post by tmc »

I have just acquired an old ski boat, I think it is a moonfleet but dont know what model
and would be grateful for any info, it as a v6 engine and seems to be on the original trailer,
I have not had engine running as yet but hope to soon are these old moonfleets worth restoring

thanks Terry
Attachments
IMG_3974.JPG
IMG_3969.JPG
IMG_3968.JPG
IMG_3967.JPG

moonman

Re: moonfleet info

Post by moonman »

Hi Terry I can confirm that the boat that you have is a Moonfleet Silver Shadow built around 1967 with the Ford v6 from the mark 4 Zodiac developing 144hp coupled to a Borg Warner reverse gearbox speed 55mph and would have cost £1375. Your boat has changed quite a lot since it was built, the centre bulkhead has been removed from just in front of the engine box, it has been replaced with a much bigger engine box so you can walk around the boat. The seats are more modern then it would have been built with, the dashboard is much taller and originally it would have had an inlaided mahogany ply deck on the front and also on the aft deck. As to your question are they worth restoring, certainly yes i am an absolute Moonfleet fan and there are a few other Moonfleet Owners in the club. If you need any help on the restoration, pictures or any technical advice on the restoration, feel free to email me on this forum or via private email.
Tony

tmc

Post by tmc »

thanks for the info i hope to try and get the engine started shortly as i was told it
as been partly been rebuilt and last run about a year ago. I would appreciate a picture of an original
boat if you have one
I am more used to restoring old landrovers than boats so I am still undecided as wether to restore it
or sell it to some one who could do a good job and fetch it back to its former glory

thanks Terry

tmc

Post by tmc »

hi
has anyone got a pic of an original moonfleet silver shadow thanks