Pageant of Power July 17-19 - update

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

twister
CMBA Member: 32

Pageant of Power July 17-19 - update

Post by twister »

In the light of our recent loss, I've been asked by the chairman to take on representing CMBA for the Pageant of Power event.

The boat side of things is being coordinated by LOBMBC, which of course is local to me and easier to keep in touch with. Indications so far are that we'll be invited to put on a display of some kind on the lake, most likely for a single, longer session after the racing session, rather than the short bursts which caused problems last year.

I'm told that we can arrive on the Friday, set up camp or whatever, and stay till Sunday. Launching arrangements have yet to be discussed, but as soon as we have any more info I'll pass it on.

But, for now, the message is that it's on, and we're invited - so mark up your calendars accordingly!

Suggest all those interested leave a brief note below for now; I'll sort out something a bit more formal in due course.

Regards to all, Rod
Last edited by twister on Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Pageant of Power July 17-19 - update

Post by se7en »

Hi Rod,
I'd Like to display "Jade", Graham wanted the boat there last year but as you know it clashed with Cardiff .
Clive

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Pageant of Power July 17-19 - update

Post by Howstar »

Put my name down ,it was very good last year ,I like to stay for the fireworks and band aswell,
i dont live far from the event ,so don`t mind helping out in anyway,