Gaydon Dry Meet 12th March

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

bigminiandy
CMBA Member: 739

Gaydon Dry Meet 12th March

Post by bigminiandy »

Just thought I'd ask who was going to Gaydon Heritage museum this coming Saturday.
Life isn't a rehearsal!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Re: Gaydon Dry Meet 12th March

Post by se7en »

James and me are.... should be taking the jinx to show.

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Yup, I will be there, Mike T as well. :thumbsup:
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

bigminiandy

Post by bigminiandy »

Brilliant.

We're gonna bring Shameless Lady along and hopefully my dad will be off work and bring the Delta too!!!

Fenn and Wood restoration http://s1098.photobucket.com/albums/g36 ... ood%20MK2/

Simonp
CMBA Member: 360

Post by Simonp »

Just buffed up the Simmonds so hope to be there as well. Weather forecast looking OK at the moment.

SimonP :juggle:
Simmonds fitted from new with what, I believe, is the only running factory marinised Daimler 2.5 litre V8 (as fitted to the Daimler SP 250) in the UK. Please let me know if you find another! Believed to be Norman Buckley's race boat.

Howstar
CMBA Member: 0

Post by Howstar »

I am going,could bring Scandal or Corrine the glastron jetflite,working on both so not sure,Scandal having a new bigger heat exchange and Corrine is having the transon strengthend for 500 mercury,

grant

Post by grant »

Count Me IN :thumbsup:
:thumbsup: :chuffed:

grant

Post by grant »

I thoroughly enjoyed my Day Today(and did the wife and kids) as we always do when we meet up with CMBA faces :woo: :thumbsup: ,so many thanks for the input yet again Geoff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:, I wouldnt have missed that for the world,when I originally saw it was going to be at a motor museum I was thrilled being a car (and boat) lover, as I said to a few today, I had not even heard of Gaydon heritage museum,but I was chatting with a chap the other day at his house and he showed me a Jensen interceptor he had and said it was owned by Alex Park who was the founder of Gaydon museum,then the following week I was there,how strange, anyway, I loved my Day and found it so interesting seeing all the Proto type cars that obviously I had never seen before being as they were prototype and had not gone into production,. I have never failed to have an enjoyable day out with the CMBA.
Thanks to all.
:chuffed: :perfect: :perfect:
Grant.

se7en
CMBA Member: 434

Post by se7en »

As Grant says...... "I have never failed to have an enjoyable day out with the CMBA "......... that sums it up :perfect:

bigminiandy

Post by bigminiandy »

I visit Gaydon every year with my classic mini but every time you go there is something new and cars i've not seen or heard of. Brilliant place. To be able to mix a visit with the boat was fantastic.

A great day out and a big thanks to those who organised it.