Important News for Broom Owners

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Important News for Broom Owners

Post by BroomBroom »

Hi all,

I've just been speaking to John Weston, a gentleman who works with John Broom. He contacted me via my blog, kindly offering help with my screen surround and brought me up to speed on the situation with John Broom Boats.

Following the sale of Broom's marina development, John Broom has been concentrating his efforts on his plant hire business.
However... he is still active in the restoration of Broom boats, both wood and fibreglass - and is able to supply many of those 'hard to get' original parts such as:

Screens
Screen Surrounds
Bow Caps / Fendoff End Caps
Bow Rails
Bow Rail Supports
and most other 'pattern' parts

They can also supply original seating units and still use their original upholsterer.

John says he is happy for anybody to get in touch with their wants and needs - you can contact him on 01508 538929.

Cheers,

Robin
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Re: Important News for Broom Owners

Post by petrolhead »

that is interesting, I wonder if he has chrome bullets for the fender strake, MIN had two but now sports a silver painted lead one having ditched one in the river Arun last year :x

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Re: Important News for Broom Owners

Post by BroomBroom »

Give John Weston a bell - awfully nice guy, sure he'll be able to dredge something up (though possibly not from the bottom of the Arun) :lol:

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/