Itchy Scratchy Run, what a blast

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

petrolhead
CMBA Member: 644

Itchy Scratchy Run, what a blast

Post by petrolhead »

Thanks Rapier for getting our acts together...what a blast, great weather, great fun and great company! I only made one mistake, that was pointing out to alacrity his new hairstyle as he came alongside us in the itchen on the run home BEFORE I got my camera out the bag. The look on his face after some fun in his new toy summed up the day :thanks:

Looking forward tp pics and video, mine are a little iffy due to the 9 year old camera person "looker outer" as was phrased at the pub stop.

My rear is not up to the younger crew on board, definitely bruised and aching! :lol:
Last edited by petrolhead on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tremlett 15
CMBA Member: 73

Re: Itchy Scratchy Run, what a blast

Post by Tremlett 15 »

Wheres the photos ???????????????? :wot:

Look forward to seeing them :mrgreen:

petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

Alacrtiy and Rapier did the proper stuff! just tried putting some pics up and apparantly the files are too big!

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

Hear hear. Many thanks Rapier - a fantastic day's boating. Can you please book the same weather for all the other rallies - especially Cardiff (don't want to be in the bar too long with Tremlett15 as it will get tooooo expensive :lol: :? ) :cheers: .

The new toy was a real delight - although I have yet to work out how much juice it burnt :shock: , a real adrenaline rush 'hooligan' boat! Thank you Scandal. :thanks:

I will try to get some pictures up-loaded tonight when I get home, I had a quick look last night when I got back at 19.30 & there appear to be some decent ones but was too tired to do anything with them.

Like Petrohead I ache all over today! :(
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

Hi Nick

Thanks for organising the 'eight year olds' annual outing. No wonder we got some funny looks from 'proper boaties' out in their yachts and sunseekers. Did you notice how many silly hats there were. I think Tony Venn won that competition.

I am off to the chemist for a bulk order of muscle relaxant as everything hurts today, but it is worth the pain to have overtaken Captain Tarry at long last.

Al

Alacrity
Site Admin

Itchy Scratchy Run - pictures

Post by Alacrity »

OK folks here are a few from yesterday - anyone get any of moi?? :(
Attachments
Motley Crew
Motley Crew
Phil Bywater's Stapely Hawk - Tarantula
Phil Bywater's Stapely Hawk - Tarantula
Scandal's With Vital + Johnson 75 Stinger
Scandal's With Vital + Johnson 75 Stinger
Petrolhead's Shakespeare Mini Clubman
Petrolhead's Shakespeare Mini Clubman
Capt. Tarry's Shakespeare  Mini Clubman - Muchado
Capt. Tarry's Shakespeare Mini Clubman - Muchado
Rapier's Pearly Miss - Miss Daisy
Rapier's Pearly Miss - Miss Daisy
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

petrolhead

Post by petrolhead »

great pix! cant upload mine? too big? though this crop works. titled Mr fancy pants by the 9 year old due to his flash new boat :lol:
Attachments
mr fancy pants.JPG

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Just to butt in...here's a quick n dirty way to shrink pictures.

If you are running Windows XP (maybe Vista - dunno) go to the folder in which you've stored your picture and right click on it. Choose 'Resize' from the drop down menu to make them a little more manageable - it's fairly intuitive.

I'll post fuller guidelines soon in the support section to help people out with this as it does cause problems for some users.

Petrolhead - the reason you are getting the 'too large' message is because we have a limit of 500k on picture size. This is because you can (with a little tweaking) get a really good size, good quality pic up here within that constraint.
The reason for the limit is twofold:

1. Large images take longer to load and would slow the page load times if a lot were around and (more importantly)...
2. All the images are hosted on our own server and space is one of the things that costs...

If you send me your pic of Alacrity, I'll see if I can weave some magic on it - he does appear a tad blurry, but maybe that's a bonus :lol:

Glad you all had such a great day!

Cheers,

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Post by Rapier »

We had some fun! Abiding memories are of Geoff leaving us little uns standing still....and my Miss Daisy taking on some interesting voumes of water (every now and again had to stand up to see what that the bilge pump was doing). Doing 30+ mph in bumpy water is not conducive to 50 year old rivets staying put.

At one stage we came up behind this heavy displacement survey vessel which was chucking out some HUGE (at least to me..) rollers masquerading as it's wake...was like climbing hills - what a hoot. The weather couldn't have been better and the company fun as always.

The video is a bit shaky. I was trying to look thru the view-finder, keep a lookout, drive and hold hand on the throttle...Click the HQ button when you get there, otherwise the quality is not good....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f33z-7Gz_Go

Pics are here:-

http://picasaweb.google.com/ZonkieSkatt ... hMarch2009#
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Alacrity
Site Admin

Post by Alacrity »

Great stuff Nick, looks like a mid summer's day somewhere hot! Wish I was out there again today. :cry: