Delta Logo/emblem

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Phil_Taylor
CMBA Member: 720

Delta Logo/emblem

Post by Phil_Taylor »

Has anyone got a crisp, life sized image of the Delta logo they can let me have, please ? Thats the aly one on each rear quarter of the marque. I need one to make up a pennant for my boat but my own 44yr old example is a bit too battle scarred to use as a base image. Our forum avatar is too small to blow up to size but thats the image I'm after. My e-mail address is on my profile if anyone is kind enough to send me an image.
Many thanks

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Re: Delta Logo/emblem

Post by BroomBroom »

Phil,
Something like this?
Can't yet find a good substitute for the original font - so this is a trace of the original casting which aint that crisp. I could give this a metallic appearance but if its for reproduction I guess you will want B/W.
If this is of any use I have a high-res layered version here - just let me know...
Cheers,
R
Attachments
deltalogo.jpg
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/

Phil_Taylor

Post by Phil_Taylor »

Thats just the job!! Thank you for having a go! I can sort out any colouration with my guy who is doing the transfer as I also want to add a colour to the background and a little lettering. If you could let me have a copy I'd be most grateful. I will of course be happy to make a contribution to the drinks fund in lieu of the work involved etc. Thanks again! If you need/want my land address, phone no. etc. just mail me via PM and I'll sort it out.
Cheers

Phil_Taylor

Post by Phil_Taylor »

Hi R.
My print guy tells me the image needs to be in jpeg format so that he can manipulate it. If you could let me have a version like that I'd be grateful. He also tells me that a his-res layered version would be helpful. It all sounds like magic to me ! I only wanted a picture and now its all turned into smoke and mirrors!! What does it all mean? :grrr:

potter1976

Post by potter1976 »

Hi, If you're getting one made - would it be possible to get others done - I would love one! Cheers

Phil_Taylor

Post by Phil_Taylor »

I aim to get one made up with the Delta logo and my 'Nymph' logo included and with the background colour the same blue as my boat. The guy who has said that he will make up the flag 'blanks' tells me this is no problem. If you want one made up I can have a go with the basic spec. you desiret BUT you need to remember that this is not, and will not, be a bona fide Delta item - its just basically me playing around. Let me know via PM what you would like me to sound out with my guy and I'll do it, no problem. Also, what I am having is a matched pair of sides (so that it will read correctly from both sides) and my wife will be sewing it/them up. If I can help I will, just let me know.
Cheers

BroomBroom
CMBA Member: 711

Post by BroomBroom »

Phil...

Glad to be of assistance - PM me your postal address (probably got it somewhere but can't find at the mo) and I'll write files to CD (both jpeg and layered versions) and get them off to you (too large to email).
Your guy obviously knows what he's doing so he should have plenty there to enable him to 'tweak to suit'.
That'll be a G&T or two when I see you ;)

Cheers

R
CMBA Webmaster/Forum Admin.
ex Broom Saturn 'Gina' http://broomspeedboat.blogspot.com/