Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Portacabin1
CMBA Member: 1333

Post by Portacabin1 »

Hello is anyone out there 🤔 my name is Ellery I own a Dateline bikini speedboat and I’m looking forward to getting involved with this club, I would like to find more Dateline owner’s. Well I’ve broken the ice and wish everyone well. Ellery

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: New member

Post by Rapier »

Welcome! There’s only one that I know of, a 65hp powered version from 1973, but it’s for sale by one of our members. He’s had it for years and was a regular at rallies all around the country. Hopefully we’ll see you on the water. No sure where you are but there are 2 events left this year, both are on the south coast.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

floater
CMBA Member: 90

Re: New member

Post by floater »

Welcome, Dateline is a good boat, certainly the one that Rapier mentioned went very well with the 65 Evinrude.

The two upcoming events offer you different experiences.

The Hamble rally is a great weekend for a trusted boat on the big blue sea. Depending on the weather a hop across the Solent or around the new Forrest coast.

The Ivy Lake meet is a great day out on a good sized freshwater Waterski Lake, ideal for trying out a new to you or recently finished project or just a last blast to wash all the salt off.

There are more meets and events throughout the year, great boating and company, hope you can get along to a few, look forward to meeting you.