Pearly Miss - help with value please

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Sleepboot
CMBA Member: 0

Pearly Miss - help with value please

Post by Sleepboot »

Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum and hoping that as well as providing this forum you would be kind enough to give me some idea of the value of a Pearly Miss that hasn't been used for 15+ years but appears to be in quite reasonable condirion.

There is no motor. The trailer is complete but in need of restoration which would include new suspension units and wheel / tyres.

The boat is at a village on the Norfolk Broads. I can provide additional photos if necessary.

Help with some idea of valuation please.

If this is in the wrong part of the forum I apologise.

Chris
Attachments
Pearly Miss (10a).jpg
Pearly Miss (11a).jpg
Pearly Miss (12a).jpg
Pearly Miss (13).jpg

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Pearly Miss - help with value please

Post by Rapier »

Welcome. It's hard to put values on these as they have a following in the fishing community as a cheap buy to convert into a pike fishing boat, i.e. cheaper than the Quicksilvers, Busters, Sea Kings and OMC boats. Mostly this involves removing the foredeck to get more space, but they pay good money for one. Then there is also the scrap value - sometimes people tempted to weigh them in. This looks quite original and unmolested bar the raised transom (they were short shaft) and glass screen, but all there. Look for any damage along the seams, or signs of being dragged up shingle...

Most of the bare projects I have bought have been around the £400-£500 mark, but this looks better. I think it's a Mark III Pearly by the way, from '67 on..pointy bow more modern and popular then and pinstripe deck rather than trakmark.
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Sleepboot
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Pearly Miss - help with value please

Post by Sleepboot »

Thank you for that.

I can confirm that there is no sign of it being dragged anywhere and the seams all look fine (to my non expert eye).