Who owns this Albatross J4

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

alscoob
CMBA Member: 0

Who owns this Albatross J4

Post by alscoob »

Growing up I enjoyed many years of skiing behind my fathers Mk3 Albatross which I believe ultimately got sold, (long story) and I have often wondered what happened to it. Still having an interest in boats I found these forums and to my surprise in the gallery there was our old family boat. It's in the Albatross section of the gallery image 7 of 16 taken at( Albatross Boats at Cardiff CMBA 07 257 ) it is blue deck with J4 designation on the hull.

Not sure how long ago that was but if anyone knows the owner it would be really interesting to contact them to pass on some history / chat and find out more about the boat and where's it's been all these years. I always thought it was quite unique as it had twin retracting ski rope reels and some other nice touches.

Perhaps the owner is on here? do send me a message.
Thanks.

CWilkinson
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Who owns this Albatross J4

Post by CWilkinson »

Hi researching the history on my boat and found your post we have owned the boat for the last 6 years unfortunately never used it since covid last time out it was great on windermere been kept in garage since then beautiful boat and still in good condition hoping to get it back up and running soon would love to see any pictures if you have any thanks Colin

VivaSportiva
CMBA Member: 550

Re: Who owns this Albatross J4

Post by VivaSportiva »

Give me a call on 01202 870769 and I will give you all the History that you are asking for.