NAVIG’AIX 2009

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

NAVIG’AIX 2009

Post by Alacrity »

I know there are a few of you out there wanting to head down into deepest France later this year to NAVIG’AIX (27th - 30th August 2009) at Aix-Les-Bains and you may or may not be aware that, so Keith & Merle inform me, there has been a change in the way it is being organised & that not as much money is being put into it as before. There is also a change in the organisers - it is now being run by the 'animations' department who, apparently, are somewhat slow to respond to requests for information. Merle has suggested that those of us that are interested should 'bombard' them with emails requesting information. Their email address is:- info.animation@aixlesbains.com :grrr: :D :D
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

chriscraft
CMBA Member: 0

Re: NAVIG’AIX 2009

Post by chriscraft »

Hi all On my way back from the alps last week I called in for a very nice lunch at the Skiff pub in Aix les bains, Whilst there I called to see Sophie & Bertrand of the Davat hotel where we usually stay during navigaix.I had heard via merle that changes were afoot , and this was confirmed by the Davat, Patrick de Villas does not seem to be involved any longer , the entry fee may not include the accomodation as it has in the past, there may not be the marquee on the dock and functions may be at hotels around the town, its all a bit vague. However its still a fine lake and the harbour people are very friendly, I asked sophie and bertrand if the brit pack got together and booked en masse could they do a special rate , yes of course for our British friends anything you want is possible, came the reply. so if youre thinking of making the trip and you want to stay near the lake and harbour why dont we all cordinate and get a special deal ?? Also if you join the caravan club ( I know I know it goes against the grain and the magazine has dubious incontenance ads in it ) but you can get good discounts on cross channel ferries, ps you dont have to own a caravan just copy the name and model from that one down the street that never goes anywhere !! :lol: :hmmm: :cheers: :D :wot:
that bloke up north !

Scandal
CMBA Member: 538

Post by Scandal »

I am hoping to go on this trip for the first time this year and I know of a few other members who are seriously thinking. The idea of clubbing together for bookings sounds a good plan to me. Incidently I have joined also recenty joined the Caravan Club :oops: but in my case it was entirely by accident as part of my RAC Renewal. 8-) If you book the RAC using the Caravan Club you do get your trailer properly covered at no extra cost. I had been planning to keeping my CC membership secret but if it will save me some money on the ferries I might get a car window sticker.

I would very much appreciate it if you would keep me up to date with whats occuring on this years rally.

Alisdair :cheers:

PS Please accept my apologies, I've only just noticed these face things and with a mental age of about six I can't stop pressing on the things now I've found them :roll: Maybe I'll find one for silly pillock. :lol:

Simmonds

Post by Simmonds »

We would like to join the screaming hordes migrating south to splash around in the sun, please keep us informed of the goings on! We'll bring our ally boat along!

Sans_Sauce
CMBA Member: 180

Post by Sans_Sauce »

Val tells me we have been going to Aix for over ten years. Whatever! We never cease to enjoy it and have had all sorts of varied adventures usually involving an extended stay and some touring in our car or camper van. The rally is usually organised by the local tourism pepe's and has been/is supported by all sorts of local money. Patrick DeVillars is the usual focal point but does not seem to be involved in the Aix rally this year. Is it posible that he may be organising another rally in the locality at around the same time? We always stay at the Davat where the British are appreciated and in our opinion given a warm and friendly service. It would take something very significant to drag us off to another hotel. We just love the people - not just our lot - atmosphere and environment and have to say that Aix is very special to Val and I.
Aix can be an expensive do however especially if you need special European recovery for an older vehicle and extra medical cover for one or more of your party. We have done the journey in one day but it is good to overnight in a Campanile or similar or if in a camper in one of the very adequate Aires on the toll roads. We did have a nasty experience on the way back last year when our gearbox failed at Dijon and there was a dispute regarding repatriation. We plan to return this year but may need to build confidence in the van again and may consider a different plan. Incidentally we attended a few rallies on the Seine in Paris prior to Aixe and made it successfully in a very much older and more decrepit van without any worries at all about breakdown etc. Are we getting old I wonder? So yes we would be most interested in keeping up to date with developments and will get back on the forum regularly and especially if we get to know more about either of the two possible rallies.
Regards
Ken
:wot:

Howstar

Post by Howstar »

I might be interested in going,not sure of the cost but bemight be willing to go half on the petrol, or might go next year when euro is week agian

Alacrity
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 641

Post by Alacrity »

I have had an email back from a David Mosimann who says he will be sending out a registration package to me in the next 10 days. He can be contacted on dmosimann@aixlesbains.com or 0033 479 88 68 18 (tel) or 0033 479 88 68 11 (fax)
Mercs are like women, no 2 are exactly alike. That's what testing is about. In general it is safer to test motors and props than women!

assegai

Post by assegai »

I emailed the oranisers last week, had a very rapid reply stating that we would be welcome with our wooden 1964 Tremlett and the packs would be sent out in a few days. I assume they are still trying to keep it to wooden vessels with the exception of Sans Sauce who was there when Noah entered the ark in the event.

flybuyboat
CMBA Member: 154

Post by flybuyboat »

Hi Louise and I have been the last two years and are definitely planning going this summer with our Tremlett "Smokey Jo"

Just sent an email for an application form,

Simon