Prop lost

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

aberfeldy
CMBA Member: 0

Prop lost

Post by aberfeldy »

New to this forum and looking for some advice.
A month ago I bought a fiberglass Ray Wright Delta 3.5L V6 Ford Essex. Beautiful condition and so so happy. Couldn't wait to get it in the water.
2 weeks ago I got it to the Marina on Loch Tay in Scotland where I live. Saturday we had a fantastic time on her but on Sunday on the way back in something went wrong and we paddled back to the pontoon at the Marina. Looking for the problem we noticed the prop was no longer there and at the bottom of the loch. I had a friend diver who has searched for it but bit like looking for a needle in a haystack. I am struggling to find a replacement prop, key and nut. Any help or suggestions so so appreciated. I believe it's a 3/4 inch shaft with 1/16 taper. Prop Bronze 10"x10"
Although these sizes may not be accurate.
Attachments
received_1112441459574241.jpeg
received_507503677155779.jpeg

littlj01

Re: Prop lost

Post by littlj01 »

Hi, sorry to hear about the loss of your prop. All I know is that the 'Delta Sports' V6 came with a high performance Federal propeller if that helps.

I wonder if I can ask a question. I'm looking to buy a Delta V6 and wanted to understand their market value. The one I'm looking at is £5k seems in good condition. Not as nice as yours. It seems expensive to me. Was yours in the same budget value? Many thanks James.

aberfeldy

Re: Prop lost

Post by aberfeldy »

Hi James
Mine cost me 5k. So sounds about right. I have now bought a new prop and going on next week. Will be buying a larger boat next month so mine will be for sale from next week. Let me know if interested.