Fred Cooper Hull Line Drawings

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Moondance
CMBA Member: 0

Fred Cooper Hull Line Drawings

Post by Moondance »

Hello, I've been looking at old Motor Boats in the 18' to 25' range. I have been reading about Fred Cooper and his designs back in the 1930-1950s.
I have had been searching the internet to find find some line drawing of the hulls. I came across the hull line drawings for the Dowty/Hamiton Jet Boat.
Does anyone have information on Fred Cooper and his designs around the time he was working for Saunders Roe and the British Power Boat Company?
Or does anyone have access to the Motoboat and Yachting magazine from 1950. I think a couple of his designs are included but I've not been able to find a back issue from that long ago. Cheers Martin

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Re: Fred Cooper Hull Line Drawings

Post by Rapier »

The 13th edition (I think '42-'43) has Fred Cooper's Cadet class runabout. Can't help with the 14th (1948) - which I think is the one you may be looking for, but have the 15th Rivised (1954) and the 16th (1960). Most of the designs in those are from Comben and Hawes, but there's a pretty outboard runabout by Simpson in the 15th and Alan Darby's Hydro in the 16th.

Here's an link to a few including 14, if it helps..

https://picclick.co.uk/?q=the+motorboat ... ing+manual
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Moondance
CMBA Member: 0

Re: Fred Cooper Hull Line Drawings

Post by Moondance »

Hi Rapier Thanks for reply. I have found out much more about Fred Cooper. I note also he was a designer who worked with Hubert Scott_Paine.
I have another question which I will post on the Board. Cheers