Selling on that site

Want to talk about classic motorboats, recent and forthcoming CMBA events or your latest escapades? This is the place to do it!

Moderators: Alacrity, Rapier

Rapier
Site Admin
CMBA Member: 569

Selling on that site

Post by Rapier »

For the uninitiated, these are some of the questions asked about my listings in the last 4 weeks..

Haw much you take cash today (more than you rike to offer)
hi whats the lowest you would take (seriously?)
What are you expecting for this boat?(I don't know, you tell me..)
Listing shows minimum price £1250- New offer received: £600.00 for Shakespeare
Listing shows minimum price £1250- New offer received: £750.00 for Shakespeare
I'm in the market for a speedboat and yours has caught my eye. Though it's out of my price range. Is the price negotiable? I've got £700 cash ready and waiting (you'll wait a long time)
Bidder bids up to nearly £2k, causes all other bidders to withdraw and all watchers to think some jiggery-pokery going on..- I have not bid for your speedboat. I'm not sure what is going on, but his does appear to be a hacking/fraud attempt.
Buyer got spooked with what looked like shill bidding, but was both bidders setting up automatic bids (see above) - A previously entered bid on your item (x) has been retracted or cancelled
Listing description shows engine not supplied - Wat would the price be with the engine?
Listing description shows engine not supplied - Can you please confirm that it has both electric start and tilt and is fully sea worthy and ready to use.
Listing description shows engine not supplied - does the Shakespeare come with the outboard motor as seen on your photographs
Listing shows minimum price £500 - New offer received: £300.00 for Evinrude Outboard
Listing shows minimum price £500 - New offer received: £360.00 for Evinrude Outboard
Chap wanted to swap a NOS outboard - New offer received: £1.00 for Johnson Outboard
Potential buyer wanted £1250 boat, £400 engine, 140 miles round delivery trip @ 45p/mile and 2 hours labour to fit engine - Would you accept a bid of £1450 + delivery for the boat and engine fitted.(Um, no.)
After winning the Shakespeare - Please can I cancel the order, my son has had my phone without me knowing and bid on various items.(Son needs a sound birching)
I have told u that my boy bid on versus items on eBay and did not now he had my phone so sorry but not paying for boat(see above)
Somehow lost interest after getting the address details – I am planning to come and see it tomorrow. Could you please send me the address?
Wondered what happened to this interested punter when I said yes it would be - if I can arrange a courier to collect and pay by pay-pal would that be workable?
Me to buyer wanting a demo of the motor running (ebay charged me £45 fees for ‘selling’ outside but relented when they actually do allow phone number contact) – Hi, call me on XXXX-XXXXXX. Regards
I won your outboard cables, unfortunately my circumstances have changed and I will no longer be needing them(I did sympathise with this one, at least apologised..)
After numerous emails / invoices to make the arrangements to collect - You cancelled an order from X, and we already notified them
You cancelled an order from X, and we already notified them - Understandable too; pensioner wanted to come from the Irish Republic, by ferry and hire car via Pembroke (for a £40 motor) and got overwhelmed by the logistics
Fasten bra straps and remove dentures...

Diomedea

Re: Selling on that site

Post by Diomedea »

I sense there is a silly game where you acquire somebody’s phone and send a message or messages about something for sale or buying . Then you hand the phone back and watch the messages coming in.
One of the many poor uses of social media.